Denver Operations Manager for Newark
Location: Denver, Colorado State(s): Colorado Category: Administration
Director of Purchasing/Production
Overtime Pay Status
The Operations Manager will ensure that the facility is in compliance and also coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments within the branch. This individual makes suggestions for improvement and works with the Director of Purchasing/Production to ensure that there is an optimum use of resources.
Essential Job Functions
Accounts Payables Assistant will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Ensure that the facility is in compliance with Local, State and Federal regulations, as well as OSHA.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee Warehouse and Transportation Managerial staff and daily operations within those departments.
- Implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output.
- Monitor that staff is adhering to company rules, regulations and procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor the works of various departments involved in warehouse and distribution of goods.
- Participate in weekly operations meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring that all warehouse and transportation associates receive the appropriate training.
- Administer all areas of personnel issues such as hiring, termination, disciplinary issues, etc.
- Responsible for maintenance of equipment and machinery within the warehouse insuring that they are in working order.
- Conduct safety meetings at various dates within the year for all day warehouse employees.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Require occasional mobility, standing and walking.
- Moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are requested over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, phone and similar machines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 5 years of operations experience within distribution environment (food and/or meat industry preferred)
- Bilingual – English/Spanish (preferred).
- Experience managing, leading and training employees.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA & Safety Regulations.
- Previous experience working within inventory
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent communication skills to effectively deal with different functional managers.
- Excellent prioritizing and organizational skills, and good decision making skills
- Ability to communicate and present data to varying levels of the organization.