Warehouse Associate Night Selectors – Newark
Location: San Francisco, California State(s): California Category: Warehouse
Night Warehouse Manager
Overtime Pay Status
Under the supervisor of the Night Warehouse Manager and/or Night Supervisor, all order selectors will perform a variety of functions including but not limited to order pulling, loading and unloading trailers. This individual will also be responsible for assigned pallet jack and keeping work area clean.
Essential Job Functions
Night Selectors will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Perform daily safety checks of assigned warehouse equipment
- Maintain the batteries for lifts/pallets jacks
- Pull stores accurately with all bar codes facing outside for the scanner
- Build neat pallets of product with regard to ice pack chicken being on the bottom of the pallet.
- Select all product by coded date rotation, look for special code dates request on the picks sheets and special E.S.T product request
- Retrieve all missing product from store orders
- Check with Night Warehouse Manager and/or Night Supervisor on product not found
- Stage all stores orders at assign loading dock doors or assigned area
- Restore damage boxes before selecting product
- Maintain the standard production average of 200 cases per hour or better
- Load and unload trailer as instructed.
- Comply to all safety procedures
- Report all accident and injuries, safety and other issues to Night Warehouse Manager and/or Night Supervisor
- Perform clean up in assigned work area.
- Other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One year experience working within refrigerated warehouse and/or distribution center
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to develop a collaborative team
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Must have experience working electric pallet jack and forklift and list at least 80 pounds
- Ability to function with minimal supervision and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work various lengths of time in cold environments including the freezer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills